Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Not High Maintenance, I'm Just Highly Maintained

I always say that I am not high maintenance, but highly maintained. I laugh and joke about that often, because I am probably the most frugal person I know with most things. I work hard on a daily basis to get and maintain a decent lifestyle.

No I don't drive the hottest new car, or live in a big expensive house. But I do have things that are mine, that I love dearly. I do my own hair, pedicures, manicures, cooking, etc. So then I wonder why people have a preconceived notion about who I am?? I do like nice things, (most people do). Please tell me why is that when a woman carries herself with just a little bit of dignity, she is considered demanding or a b*tch? It's funny because once someone actually gets to know me, I mean really know me, they find I am quite the opposite. Too bad for those that are blinded by material things.

Once again I say with pride "I'm Highly Maintained" and I owe that to God for all that he's bought me to and bought me through. I guess I need my circle to be reflective and not objective. Know what I mean? Any thoughts, or similar situations?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well put... I'm mad that I didn't read this sooner! Good Job.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...