Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Food for Thought- From One Woman to Another

From one woman to another: step back, let it hurt, let it go, and love yourself first. "Girl, you gotta love yourself more than a man"...Only a good friend can say it like that. Be a better friend and listen.

Sometimes a great girlfriend will say things to you that make you want to cry because you know she speaks the truth. Then there are times when an even greater girlfriend will catch the tear before it touches your cheek.

Know who has your best interest at heart and who "hardly" cares.

5 comments:

Keisha Woods said...

love it...

Jacqueline Obillo said...

I love this!!

Jameshia said...

I like this alot. I have spent the last two years assessing and re-evaluating the relationships/friendships I have in my life, and realizing people I thought fit one category were actually a different story when it mattered most.

GG said...

Love the new look of the blog! This post reminded me of one of my favorite, simplest quotes (not sure who said it): "Lose him, Keep you." In a nutshell!

Janelle Robinson, MPH said...

Thanks ladies for the nice comments. @GG, yeah I would rather lose him, then look back and not recognize who I am.

A friend also said and I quote, "I have never loved a man so much that I've lost myself"...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...