Some days I ponder the thought that my pot of gold may not exist at the end of my rainbow, but despite my despairs, I am still a Queen. I refuse to give up, let go or stop trying. My goals are simple, to gain as much knowledge and intellectual enrichment as possible so that I remain an intelligent and positive role model for my daughter. My life experiences and faith teaches me that as long as there are struggles, my duties are not fulfilled.Over the many stages of my life, I have lost a lot and gained even more. I can say that despite everything I usually come out winning. It's simply because I refuse to give up. I know that life tends to hits us when we are down, but we have to get back up and keep trying. Here are my tips to staying positive and motivated:
- Dream Vivid- I dream a lot. Closing your eyes and envisioning the result you want to achieve help to make it a reality. The more specific you are in your dreams, the more achievable each step becomes.
- Don’t share your dreams and goals with just anyone- The past taught me that sharing my goals with people that don’t have my best interest at heart only leads to discouraging comments. Some people are placed in our lives to test us; they will squash our dreams and make us feel incapable. Limit your dream sharing to those you know are supportive.
- Keep a tight circle-Surround your life with friends and family that only want the best for you. For example, if you are trying to get in shape and your circle is filled with people that taunt your new eating habits, or say you’re getting too skinny (when you are actually getting healthy), you may need to limit your interactions with them. Unless you are immune to negativity, discouraging people can influence your train of thought.
- Write down your goals.
- Lay down all your negative thoughts-If you’ve tried to achieve a goal in the past and failed. Leave that negative experience in the past especially if you are attempting to reach the same or a similar goal.
- Find social networking groups that share your same interest. (if applicable)
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Ask for a hug- My life is not easy, when I get overwhelmed I ask for a hug.
- Finally, don’t give up. Stay positive, whether you are starting your life over, or taking a scary step down a new path, you have to keep believing in yourself. If you don’t believe in YOU, no one will.