Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Extended Family


When I refer to extended family, I am speaking of your significant others', spouses, secondary family etc., I think there is a misconception that all extended family dislike each other. I would like to know more perspectives. I really want to hear success stories. I love my extended family and often wonder if others are as blessed.

In many countries it is expected and acceptable for the married couple to move their parents into their home. American culture is a bit different. We tend to go the opposite of wanting to leave our parents home as soon as possible. I would love to know more of cultures that do this. That will be my next research project.

But lately I have just wondered why is it that if you are dating someone you can not get along with their family? Or why do people feel that everyone has to dislike their mother/father-in law?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...