Monday, October 4, 2010

The Mommy Patrol

OMG, it has happened I officially sound like my mother. Every sound out of my mouth reminds me of when I was a kid. I think the past 6 months with a blossoming girl in the house, I have had to be on parent patrol even in my sleep! It hit me less than hour ago when bedtime approached that I sound like a "mother". we all know what a mother sounds like. I've been doing this for 7 years now so I am sure I have been sounding this way. Here are my sentences in a row:

"Brush your teeth"
"Rinse your mouth"
"And use some water" and "don't forget to wash out that sink when you're done"
"Before you get ice cream I need to see all this stuff off the floor"
"Put your folder in your bag for tomorrow"
"And your pencil case"
"You forgot these dirty socks on this floor"
"See if you took more than one thing at a time you, wouldn't have to keep coming back"
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

The words that chimed into my head and echoed mommy voice were

"put these movies back in their case"
"don't touch that ice cream again"
"touch it before these movies are put up and I'm gonna let it sit there and melt"

Notice how there is only my voice. Man, was I on it. Oh well, she'll be a better person for it. Needless to say, she is now tucked tightly in her comfy bed with an ice cream filled belly and I am not sliding across the floor on DVDs. Tomorrow it starts again. Guess I need to wear my badge. I love being a mom.

1 comment:

GG said...

Tell me about it! This post really made me laugh. I get sick of hearing myself sometimes. The same things every day: Pick that up. Is that where that goes? Stop thumping. Did your wash your hands? With soap? LOL!

I love it too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...