Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkins, Popcorn, Petting Zoo and All

This weekend was great, we went to the pumpkin farm. I was excited about the farm all week, probably more than my daughter and niece. I just love the colors of fall, and it was an oddly warm day for the end of October. We arrived at the farm around 2 p.m. and hit the haunted barn first. The little lady was terrified and refused to step a foot inside. Needless to say, I went in. It was definitely a family atmosphere. There was no one grabbing your clothes or yelling in your face., it was simply mechanic ghouls and goblins behind cages. The children enjoyed themselves greatly.


There was a fun house, corn maze, and a hayride. Overall, the experience was fun. This is the second year that we have attended and I am sure we will be going back next year. The petting zoo is still my favorite spot, (although the slob from the animals tends to gross me out). I love feeding the animals. I must admit the idea of a kangaroo with his little tongue in the palm of my hand made me step back more than once, I still loved it. We pigged out on chili dogs, nachos, popcorn, and apple treats.

On a side note looking at the changing colors of the trees and the different array of orange pumpkins, reminds me that fall is my favorite season.  It is hard to believe the year is coming to an end.  Fall kicks off the start of the holiday season. I'm thinking it is time for Christmas shopping.

What are you plans for Halloween?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...