Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Getting Close to Fall

Fall is my favorite season here in Chicago. It's not too cold, it's not too hot, and the wind has that "just right" breeze. I live right off the lake so this is the only time of year I actually enjoy the wind. The leaves on the trees start to turn beautiful colors, and the smell of dew in the early morning always makes me smile. Fall reminds, of back-to-school, Halloween, and fresh apples. Yes, I am a woman that embraces her senses. The older I get the more appreciative I am of the small things. I've noticed over the past year, I have paid close detail to my steps when I walk, the touch of soft skin, natural smells, and my overall blessings. Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons, but my main reason is my only child was born during the fall. I remember the day she came home it was warm like a summer day and the sun was shining bright.

On to the reason for this post. I did some late night shopping. I have no comfortable shoes and my feet have been swelling out of this world. I found some great deals online at www.dsw.com They are have a sale and I had a coupon, plus free shipping so I couldn't beat that. Here is what I got::



I love these, I hope they are comfortable.

 I thought these where adorable. I plan to pair them with some skinny jeans


2 comments:

T.Allen said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too, unfortnately I'll have to wait until late October to experience the cooling off of which you speak. Fall comes late here in the Sonoran desert.

I love the Maryjanes! I hope they're comfortable too.

PS I found your blog by way of Chasing Metamorphosis, do stop in for tea: http://teanhoneybread.blogspot.com/

Janelle Robinson, MPH said...

Thank you T.Allen Mercado, I will check out your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...