Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When Things Don't Sync

I had to wait, only to be told to come back and no, twice today.

Today was rather disappointing, I went from feeling happy in the sky to completely blue in about one hour this evening. I hate getting excited only to later be let down. I guess for now I just have to wait it out, not much I can do here. I really wish that all my joys didn't have to be taken on the same day. But I guess it was better to have the bandage ripped right off than slowly peeled away.

Disappointment is the reason I like to have all my ducks lined up in a row, before I get my hopes up about ANYTHING. I'll get over it, I always do. Disappointment is an emotion that I can control very easily by letting it go.

On the brighter side I Aced both my summer courses. Looks like I'll be getting that perfume I promised myself. I love how I can shower myself with congratulation gifts. Its nice to take care of me. I deserve a toy with these classes (research methods and health policy), not to mention I did well above the class average, so my sleepless nights were well worth it.

I was recently advised to write down my goals. I know what you're thinking, "who doesn't know to write down goals Janelle"?? This time the idea was framed to me in a more frank manner. Believe it or not, it was some great advice and a good talk. I always claim an A in my course at the start of the class and midterm I choose a gift to get myself. Fall quarter is approaching and it "biology of public health", I am definitely going to make my treat a good one this time. So much for feeling the blues, there is always a good thought brewing inside.


On that note, do you treat yourself to anything nice for an accomplishment or meeting a goal?

Goodnight

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...